Saturday, December 10, 2005

Tooth Fairy Meets Santa Claus

I wrote this story based on a true event in my life when I was five years old. I lost two teeth and left them under my pillow. The next morning, there was money under my pillow, presents under the tree and my teeth were still on the counter. My mom told me that Santa and the Tooth Fairy must have run into each other and she forgot my teeth. If you like the story, share it with your children or grandchildren.

The Tooth Fairy Meets Santa Claus



“Mommy, Mommy! Come quick!” Jacob shouted.

“What’s the matter?” Mommy called, running to Jacob’s room.

Jacob held out his chubby hand and grinned. “I’m a big boy now!”

“What a fine looking tooth.” Mommy said. “We’ll put it under your pillow tonight for the Tooth Fairy.”

“Yippee! And Santa’s coming, too! Do you think he and the Tooth Fairy know each other?” Jacob asked.

“I’m sure they do. Now you hop into bed while I get your tooth pouch.”

Jacob sat in bed examining his tooth. “Mommy, what does the tooth fairy do with all those teeth?”

“I don’t know for sure, Jacob. But I’ve heard that she throws them in the sky and they become shooting stars. Now let’s put that tooth under your pillow. The sooner you get to sleep, the sooner it will be Christmas morning.”

“I’m going to stay awake and wait for Santa and the Tooth Fairy!” Jacob said.

“Remember, Santa doesn’t come if you’re awake.”

Jacob immediately lay down and closed his eyes. He tried to stay awake after his mommy left the room, but he was soon fast asleep.

Jacob woke up suddenly. It was still dark outside, but he heard voices and laughter downstairs. Tiptoeing down the steps, he peeked into the living room.

There was Santa and the Tooth Fairy! She was laughing and brushing cookie crumbs from her skirt. Santa handed her the glass of milk then turned his head.

“Hello, Jacob. Shouldn’t you be in bed?”

“Yes, Santa, but I woke up and heard voices.”

The Tooth Fairy giggled and smiled. “I’m sorry we woke you. Santa and I don’t often run into each other. We were just enjoying a nice chat.”

“Come on, Jacob. I’ll walk you back to your room and tuck you in bed,” Santa said.

“I’ll be up in a minute, Jacob. Just as soon as I have another sip of milk,” the Tooth Fairy promised.

Jacob and Santa walked quietly up the stairs. Santa tucked Jacob in and said, “You’ve been a very good boy this year, Jacob. I’ll leave a little something in your stocking to celebrate losing your first tooth.”

“Thanks, Santa, you’re the best!” Jacob gave him a big hug.

The Tooth Fairy came in and kissed Jacob lightly on the forehead. “Sleep well, kiddo. I must be going.”

“Um, Tooth Fairy? Could I ask you a question?”

“Sure!”

“Just what do you do with all those teeth?”

The Tooth Fairy smiled, “Since children do such a good job of brushing and flossing their teeth these days, I am able to recycle them. I give them to friends to build castles in Fairy Land. The sun shining on the white teeth makes everything so bright and cheery. They also make pretty earrings, see?”

Jacob smiled and rubbed his eyes. “Night, night, Tooth Fairy.”

“Good night. Pleasant dreams.”

Just as the sun began to rise, Jacob got up and rushed to his parents’ room. “Get up! It’s Christmas Day!”

Mommy and Daddy followed him downstairs. Before opening presents, Jacob told them what had happened the night before.

Mommy smiled and said, “It was probably just a dream, dear.”

Jacob shook his head and held up his hand. “Here’s the dollar from the Tooth Fairy. I’ll check my stocking!”

Sticking out of Jacob’s stocking was a brand new toothbrush. “See! I told you!” Jacob grinned.

“Hey! Look what’s here on the mantle! It’s my tooth. The Tooth Fairy must have laid it down when she was having milk and cookies!”

Mommy and Daddy looked surprised. Daddy said, “Well son, you are a lucky little fellow. I never got to meet the Tooth Fairy or Santa. So what are you going to do with that tooth?”

Jacob thought a moment and said. “The Tooth Fairy recycles them, so I’ll leave it under my pillow again where she’ll be able to find it.”

When Jacob got out of bed the next morning, his tooth was gone. A note rested in its place. The Tooth Fairy promised him a pair of earrings for his mom just as soon as his next tooth fell out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home